Host An Activity
Generally speaking, booking the Shala works like this:
- Shala members may host free activities for other members at no charge.
- Shala members may host donation-based activities for other members with the Shala receiving 10%.
- Shala members may host fee-based activities for members and non-members with the Shala receiving 15% – 30%.
- Timeslots will be offered in 3-month increments for new groups to form and build.
- At this time, only members may reserve space at the Shala.
Types of Activities
Here are a few broad categories of Shala activities
Reoccuring activities based on like-minded topics such as men’s and women’s groups, integration circles, spiritual books clubs, etc. A group must have a facilitator but the intention is for the group to be self-educating.
Reoccurring activities such as yoga, qigong, or meditation, etc. A classes is made-up of one or more teachers instructing a group of students. Teachers must have appropriate experience or training in their material.
Typically non-reoccurring activities that could include anything from family dinners, dance parties, house concerts, holiday gatherings, art shows, poetry readings, and more. Events have hosts responsible for the space and their guests.
Non-Reoccuring activities based on a specific topic that could include anything from yoga inversions to creative writing to how to read tarot cards. Workshops have one or more teachers with appropriate experience or training in their material.
In many ways, the Shala’s root intention is to offer a safe and private space for spiritual ceremonies of all kinds. These sacred, unique, and special events must be led by qualified practitioners whose experience and expertise are of the highest intention and vibration.